Occurring during the second weekend in September (18th - 20th), it will be a grand old time of books and beer, nature and naps, marshmallows and memories, carousing and cheer, fires and falafels and Ludacris and lions. (One of these pairs might not be true.)
We have not yet decided where this camping trip is going to occur, so I outlined so
me choices, with pros, cons, and helpful photographs. Make a case for your favorite in the comments.
Site 1: Deception Pass
- Semi-close to Bellingham
- Lake AND the ocean accessible
- Free geology lecture, by me
- Most of us have probably been there several times
- Nicole looks like this when she camps at Deception Pass
Site 2: Lake Wenatchee State Park
- Near Leavenworth, aka near Bavarian fun and wine tasting
- On a lake, so that means we could possibly end up On a Boat, with T-
- The A&E network named Leavenworth the #1 Holiday Town in America
- 3-ish hours from Bellingham
- Holiday themed towns might 'creep out' Jodi
Site 3: North Cascades
- There is a river that you can throw rocks in. It's really fun.
- There is a crick to chill your beer, for Crick Beer.
- It's a National Park
- Small campground.
- Close to the highway.
- Bethany Jean has trouble sitting in the camping chair.
Site 4: Larabee
- Close to Bellingham for easy commuting
- Fellow campers are easily intimidated into leaving by Wizard Staffs.
- Tide pools
- Kelly may fall into the muck again, that was pretty hilarious.
- Been there, done that
- Courtney is really, really scared of the Sheriff
Site 5: San Juan Island
- Bethany Jean will be there, saving the wildlife
- Possible whale sightings.
- Ghetto Pig has an irrational fear of islands
- Limited camping sites
Site 6: Forks
- Site of the greatest work in the history of Literature.
- Interesting local wildlife (spotted owls, werewolves, vampires, salmon)
- Possibility of finding True, Eternal, Undying Love
- Kind of far away
- Twilight fans