Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Butter Luvers

I am still soooo sad I wasn't at the December BL meeting. I blame the in-laws and Neapolitan ice cream. But on the upside, I went to Euclid, Ohio and learned some mad robotic programming skills.

Also I met cab driver from Lithuania. Apparently in Lithuania he was a deputy mayor, and before that a university professor. And now he is a taxi driver in Euclid. I also learned that Wal-Mart is the #1 employer in Ohio. And I heard a news story about a needy family in Ohio that signed up for getting Christmas gifts donated, and all they received were wrapped boxes of cereal and pasta.

See, aren't these facts about Euclid as interesting as facts about Norway?

1 comment:

KJW said...

Why did they name that town "Euclid"?

I just read a story where they talked about Euclid. The guy, not the place.