Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cross Fire's Book Choice

Okay Better Lovers World-Wide,
I have made my decision. Drum roll please . . .
In the wake of Obama-mania, I vote we read up on this 44th president, from his own perspective. With that being said, as first book-decider, I am choosing not one, but four books. Oooooo.
Below are four different books Obama has written himself, and I think each Better Lover should pick the book that interests you the most. This way, come BL meeting time, we will have a mini Yay Obama party, and be able to discuss a range of things and compare what we noticed in the different books.

I did this recently in a third grade class, where we had the same author (Avi), with different book groups. Each group could talk about their specific book, but the whole class could compare the authors style and similar ideas.

I suppose this could be like our Danielle Steel meeting, but with MUCH better material.
So - the books to choose from are the following:
There is also a cool book out there, with all of his speeches leading up to now.

Also - if you are completely cramped for time, are unable to get your hands on a book, are lame and don't want to read a book by Obama, or are interested in a comprehensive-but-who-knows-how-trustworthy synapses of his life, I provide you with Obama's Wikipedia page!

Okay. There's the list. Do you want to know about his past, his present, or plans for the future? You decide. If you've read one, pick another. Just come prepared to talk Barack!

Also - K dubs - when is the meeting? If we are pushing it back a week for Erin, we might as well push it back three more so L Bomb can be there.

3 comments:

KJW said...

Brilllliant! I love having teachers in book club.

I think Baum's note said she couldn't come after April 29th. Right? So, it'd be best to have a meeting BEFORE April 29th. It's possible I am confused.

Anonymous said...

You are right. I'm wrong. sometimes teachers misread things . . . or say, "That is a beautiful dragon!" only to find out it was a picture of the principal.

Lynn said...

i will read 'the audacity of hope'. it has three benefits.
1. i have not yet read it.
2. i already own a copy.
3. the copy i have is very, very special, as the last 12 or so shots of century club are documented inside the front cover in sharpie.