Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Situation

Good News: You know how Lindsay is a lot like Bing Crosby? And Bing Crosby sings "I'll Be Home For Christmas"? Well, Lindsay will be home for Christmas! What are the crosby f'ing odds?

Bad News: She's arriving late late (10:15) on the 22nd. This makes our book club tough. I was thinking about doing a Better Lovers pick-up and then having book club at my house in Seattle, but my roomie has to work early the next morning, and we are incapable of quietness. Sooo, no Seattle. At least not West Seattle.

Other options:
1. Having book club late on the 22nd in B'ham and hoping we are not passed out by the time she gets there (midnightish).
2. Having book club earlier sans Lindsay. (She's here the 22nd to the 30th.)
3. Having book club after Christmas sans me. (I leave on the 26th.)
4. Having two book clubs, one without Lindsay and one without me.
5. Renting/boozing up a room in a Seatac airport and hoping we don't get kicked out.
6. Kicking Jodi in the shin.
7. Getting Jodi's new dog all riled up.
8. Asking Jodi about her date. How was your date, Jodi?

I know a lot of things, BLs, but I don't know what to do here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not the 23rd with everyone?

KJW said...

My bro and Grandma are in town on the 22nd, and I'm already pushing it with the parents by not coming until the 23rd. Maybe they'd be ok with it if I pretended it was a going away party for me. Ok, ok, no matter what, I will make sure it's a going away party for me. But still. I guess I could spin it for them. (West Wing lingo! Spinning it!)

Lynn said...

i could do 23rd if it came down to it. though i like the idea of TWO meetings. or how about, a meeting every day i am in washington that is not a national holiday?

Lindsay said...

23rd would be PERFECT........

Carolyn said...

The 23rd is ideal. What about breakfast...booze breakfast? That way we can meet and Kelly can go home in the afternoon to her fam.

Carolyn said...

Oh, also we can do it at my house. And we'll have a tree! Just a thought....I will dress up as mashed potatoes.

Nicole Kristine said...

kick jodi in the shin.